Saturday, September 23, 2006

1000 hits!

Wow, just checked my site stats and I've had 1,000 hits since the web site has opened. I know, for a big site that would be about an hour worth of hits, but for a blog that's not too bad after a week of being open. So, thanks all for stopping by and visiting. I guess the next update will be the 10k hit mark.

So, with that... a little update:

CNN Money has an update on the HP scandal. How do higher execs and board members fail to understand exactly what the repercussions are for their actions? This negative behavior certainly doesn't make the job of management any easier.

Also on their site: Is Wal-Mart working to change their image? Lowering the cost of generic prescriptions and cutting packaging used.. hrmm.

With the economy slowing a little, the construction industry is beginning to lag a little as well. If mortgage rates keep going lower the public will definitely keep spending on new housing for a while longer yet. Housing prices are still going up in Raleigh, NC though.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Rose DesRochers said...

Justin, I think I know about every cut back and Business News story out there. My daughter is taking Civics and my husband and I have just spent the last two days helping her with her class assignment. LOL

I read about Walmart and just finished reading that Target is joining Walmart's new low price plan for generic prescription drugs in Florida. Walmart is discounting almost 300 prescription drugs.

Congrats on 1,000 hits.

9/24/2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

I'm glad that you were able to help your daughter Rose. Civics huh? Should be an interesting (and informative) class for her, and well, it sounds like you are freshening up on a few topics as well!

I have to admit that I was really surprised that Wal-Mart was taking this turn. Of course they have always sought to be the price leader in whatever they sell... but to really they probably could have gotten by selling drugs for just cheaper than the competition to under-cut them. Since people are already at Wal-Mart, that would have been enough to gain alot of customers.

However, pushing generics and really slashing prices will really have a positive impact on so many people that have so little. Prescription drug costs can get so high, and that really doesn't help the people that need them most.

This might very well have an impact on other pharmacies, and also drug companies that spend a whole lot of money in R&D to develop those drugs.. but capitalism generally has a way of working those things out.

Good luck helping your daughter with her projects Rose!

9/24/2006 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Rose said...

She has corrected me. LOL It was for Business Class. Nonetheless I was able to read up on a great deal of interesting things going on in the news that affects us. I think sometimes we don't really stop to think how the changes will affect us.

Ps: Do join bloggertalk.net :)

9/24/2006 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home