Thursday, September 14, 2006

C'mon weekend!

Okay, are we all ready for the weekend yet or what? I am... and I really haven't been doing anything yet. Perhaps that is why I am ready for the weekend though, so I can stop thinking for a day or two that I haven't gotten a job yet and the pain it is that it is taking so long.

That is rather a new thing to me, I'm not used to having to wait for the "process" of hiring to be done. In my past, in the military of course it doesn't work like that, and in the jobs that I took during college I got them pretty much instantaneously. So this waiting isn't a really fun thing in my book.

I hesitate to put this out in the public, but my wife is a Britney Spears fan. Nothing wrong with Britney of course, just that my wife is a "real" fan. You know, if anybody ever said anything wrong she would be the first one to defend her. So she is over on her laptop next to me right now watching a movie about Britney as a kid. Haha, it is funny to watch... and when I look over at her, she looks a little embarassed about it. Ah well, what can you do. I've been a fan of music groups that I wouldn't necessarily stand up proudly and announce these days. She's just a better fan than I am.

The book I started yesterday is a bit more than halfway through. Which isn't to say much, because it is only a 50 page introduction. That said, they do make it fun, and that isn't always easy for Six Sigma. I've been looking online for some programs, but there is nothing I can afford momentarily. I definitely need to work for a company that will pay for my green/black belt. You know, you would think that as much worthless stuff as they teach you in college... that they would just throw some of this stuff (you know, something of value) into your degree. Being that it is done by many of the largest organizations in the world, that might be indicative of its value.

Interesting Sigma web site: http://www.isixsigma.com/

You know, I think that the news has its upsides and its downsides. Of course it is good to know what is going on... but it seems that whenever anything happens the press does their best to blow it up and make it even larger than life. In the case of the man that shot up the community college in Montreal yesterday, they are doing him more of a favor than he deserves. Yes, it is important to know, but at the same time, I don't need to see it scrolling and "news flashes" or "breaking news" from it that really isnt new or important. Please guys, get the information, process it carefull, and then dissiminate it to us every now and then. Not every five minutes. As long as you make celebrities out of these people (dead or alive), there are people that will find value in doing it.

So with that, I'm looking forward to a night of sleep and not having to try and read the news for another 8 hours.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I can't believe you told the world about my Britney fascination! Jerk!

Love,
Wifey

9/15/2006 8:46 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

The world had to find out sometime baby! Sorry!

BTW, my spelling is horrible. I'm not quite sure what the deal is, but I am starting to make mistakes I've never made before. I am going to have to clean it up some because I really don't want to sit around correcting poor spelling all day long.

9/15/2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger eggmom said...

Who is reading these wonderful renditions other than your loving mother? I am enjoying your carefully chosen rambling thoughts! Love, Mom

9/16/2006 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home