Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What makes IKEA great?

Earlier tonight my wife and I went out and purchased some things locally. We don't have an IKEA, or we would have shopped there. While I was putting everything together I was reminded of what makes IKEA great. Don't get me wrong, there is alot to it... but lets look at what they do best:

1. Great prices.
2. Great quality / design (at least pretty good for stuff you put together yourself).
3. Interesting store concept, with tons of household goods.
4. EASY to put together.

The furniture that I put together tonight had a great price... and sure, the store I bought it from had lots of different goods to check out, but the quality is a bit low and it sure as heck isn't put together. Tomorrow I'll talk about this a bit more, but rest assured that in the mean time I wish that IKEA would expand faster over here in the US... and for goodness sake, stop opening stores in Chicago, we don't live there anymore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home